· Key opportunity to create, shape and deliver the communications function of one of New Zealand’s most important public service functions
· Opportunity to work directly with high profile senior leaders, including the Solicitor General
· Positive working environment fostering innovative thought, diversity, inclusion, flexible working options
Crown Law is seeking a high-quality, experienced communications professional to lead the delivery of an Engagement and Communications Strategy. You will have demonstrated experience as a trusted advisor to senior leadership on complex, sensitive and reputational issues.
What you will be doing?
You will lead the delivery of the Communications Strategy, working with senior leaders and the business to make it happen. You will be comfortable advising and working with senior leaders to deliver a step-change in how Crown Law communicates internally and externally. You will know how to target stakeholders with compelling storytelling and engagement strategies using the most appropriate tools and channels; and which are aligned to Crown Law’s strategic direction. You will put in place the foundations for a new approach to communications.
What can you offer?
You will have a broad skill set and extensive experience in key areas of responsibility. To be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to deliver on an Engagement and Communications Strategy to enhance the delivery of an agency’s performance
- Proven experience working with senior leaders – preferably in a government organisation
- Strong experience in handling reputational and media issues
- Public sector experience with a solid understanding of government processes
- Demonstrated political acumen and experience in dealing with Ministers
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage projects to deliver outcomes within timeframes and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and maintain a broad range of key relationships internally and with external parties
- Advanced written and oral communications skills, and ability to communicate complex issues to a range of stakeholders
- Awareness of tikanga Māori and a willingness to enhance your Te Reo Māori language skills.
What will you get in return?
- Being part of an organisation at the forefront of navigating through challenging and complex issues at the heart of New Zealand’s democracy
- Working with senior leaders, including the Solicitor General, with a direct reporting line to the Deputy Chief Executive
- Opportunity to shape the delivery of a new engagement and communications function
- A range of benefits including on-the-job support to build your knowledge of tikanga and Te Reo Māori language skills, flexible working options and ongoing professional development
- Being part of an organisation that is strong on collegial support and which has a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To apply, please use the following link: https://crownlaw.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/Principal_Advisor%2C_Engagement_and_Communications-1031798
Applications Close: 5:00pm 2 June 2020